How can I test the settings in my Gradebook?
Designing and Testing Grade Books:
- Think carefully about the math involved in combining aggregation strategies. For example, if you combine SUM based and MEAN based categories, the midterm grades will be meaningless.
- Use Joe Test to proof your gradebook.
- Assign Roles > Student > Search for Joe Test > Select Joe Test > Click [Add to course]
- Put grades in Joe’s gradebook (overriding is okay here).
- Make sure grades add up as desired.
- Change grades and verify again.
- You can leave Joe in your course for future testing, or unenroll him when you are done
- Manually calculate several grades at beginning of term and again before submitting final grades to check gradebook accuracy.
You cannot comment on this entry