- Assignments allow students to submit work online, including uploading any file type (Word document, PowerPoint, video clip etc.). Lecturers can grade and give feedback.
- The Chat module allows participants to have a real-time synchronous discussion.
- A Choice activity is very simple - the lecturer asks a question and specifies a choice of multiple responses. It can be useful as a quick poll or voting activity.
- The Database module allows the lecturer and/or students to build, display and search a bank of record entries about a topic. The format and structure of these entries can include images, files, URLs, numbers and text amongst other things.
- Forums are used for asynchronous online discussion. By subscribing to a forum, participants receive copies of each new post by email. Teachers can impose subscription on everyone if they want to, and in this way can use a forum to contact all students on a course.
- The Glossary activity allows participants to create and maintain a list of terms and definitions. It can be used to build an annotated list of useful websites or FAQs.
- The Hot Potatoes module, allows teachers to administer Hot Potatoes quizzes via Moodle.
- A discussion)
">Lesson allows a lecturer to create conditional pathways through material. It consists of a number of pages, each page normally ending with a question and a number of possible answers. Depending on the student's choice of answer they either progress to the next page or are taken back to a previous page.
- The Journal is a personal reflective tool. Student contributions are private and can only be seen by the teacher, who can offer feedback and a grade on entries if required.
- The Quiz module allows the lecturer to design and set quiz tests, and includes a range of question types and reporting options.
- A Wiki enables documents to be authored collectively. A history of all contributions and changes is stored and the wiki can be rolled back to a previous version at any time.
- A Workshop is a peer assessment activity. It allows participants to assess each other's projects, as well as exemplar projects, in a number of ways.
Tags: activities, lesson, Moodle1.9, quizzes