Moodle 3.1 is the 2nd Long-Term support release version of Moodle. This means that Moodle headquarters will supply security fixes for this version until May of 2019.
Among the other new features one major addition to Moodle 3.1 is the competency-based education framework that now allows tracking of competency or standard mastery in a learning plan. Complete standards or competency framworks can be manually built or imported with an additional plugin. The learning plan can then contain the competencies that students must master. These learning plans can be monitored by a manger and the student themselves. Moodle activites can be linked to competencies and then attached as evidence for completing a cometency in a learning plan.
Other great new features include:
- New grading assignment user interface. In Moodle, for example, this is what we see and click on in the web browser and in our mail programs, and it provides ways for us to access, understand and change the database at the heart of any Moodle site.
The design of such an interface requires collaboration between software developers and users to make it "user-friendly" (and maximise overall usability).
A very important requirement for interfaces is standardisation, which reduces the amount of learning that users need to do to explore the features in the software. Moodle has had informal standards in the past, but we are currently writing a more formal specification (the Moodle Interface Guidlines) to help Moodle's many developers produce a more consistent interface, and remove some of the irregular, inefficient or hard-to-learn interfaces that have crept into various corners of Moodle.
With Moodle, interface issues should be discussed in the forums most appropriate to them - if you wish to raise discussion about an interface in the Chat module, use the Chat forum. If you have a specific bug or request to report, please use the bug tracker.
">interface with tools to "draw" feedback on the submitted assignment.
- Along with the new grading interface you can now dowlad selected assignments.
- Recycle Bin - Have you ever accidently deleted something you needed. With the new recycle bin you can get it back. Settings control how long deleted items stay in the recycle bin (default is 7 days).
- Pin a Forum Post to the top
- Share Activities on your site using the Publich as LTI tool.
- Tag course activities using the expanded tagging system
- Easier section editing without leaving the page.
- Global search is now available.
- Assignment file conversion for adding feedback (now you can add feedback to all uploads not just PDFs).
- Bulk download of files in a folder with a Download button.
- Messaging other is made easier with a message button near the persons picture.
- Permalinks for Forum posts for linking.